Monday, October 13, 2008

Finally!

I know an update is long overdue...I am just really bad at all of this blogging stuff. But here is a brief overview of what we have been up to since we have been back to Hawaii. Doug has been busy with soccer and school and is currently getting a black belt certification through six sigma - a business managing thing- at nights for two weeks. Candice, my sister-in-law, is out here this semester which makes Hawaii a lot more fun for me, because we have just been hanging out at the beach and catching up on gossip girls online...since we don't have the CW out here. Doug and I just got back from a long trip in Bay Area, Doug because he was on his mainland soccer trip, and me to support Doug and to see my cute little new nephew, Baby Owen Wayne Kaenel (1 month) for the first time! I love him so much already and miss him everyday I am out here! Well before I go on and on about how amazing my nephew is, because trust me I will...I'll introduce the pictures. Coming up you will see: many of pictures of baby Owen from my trip, Doug making friends wherever he goes (a stray dog at the beach), Goalie-in-action, My Birthday Dinner at Turtle Bay, me and Candice after losing a battle with the ocean - it was a good fight though, and Dinner with Doug's parents and Hannah after a game against San Francisco Academy of Art. It was such a fun trip and so good to see everyone. Doug's parents are such saints to make Sunday dinner for the whole soccer team, year after year! I don't know how they do it, but it was delicious, and everyone enjoyed themselves. And seeing how it is Doug's last year, hopefully it is their last year as well!


















2 comments:

Camille said...

can i say i am totally jealous!! it sounds like you have been having so much fun, and my moms cooking...you can't beat that! and a newborn...well, there is nothing sweeter or closer to heaven than that! he is adorable. i am so glad you got to see him :)

Christian and Stephanie said...

Sooo cute! I love that picture of you and Owen sleeping. How fun that you got to go home! I could go for some good home cookin' right about now! Looks like you guys are enjoying your last few months! Miss you two!