Saturday, February 7, 2009

We choose you Kentucky!

As most of you know, Doug is managing an office for Security Sales and with this job we get to go to fun new places every summer...We just found out last night at the draft. Doug and his co-manager got to choose their office location and they picked Louisville/Lexington Kentucky! We couldn't be more happy or excited about it and being a scholarly lady, I decided to do some research about my new temporary summer home....Kentucky:
State Abbreviation - KY
Origin of Name - From an Iroquoian word “Ken-tah-ten” meaning “land of tomorrow”
State Capital - Frankfort
Largest City - Louisville
State Horse - Thoroughbred
State Animal - Gray Squirrel
Area - Kentucky is the 37th biggest state in the USA
Name for Residents - Kentuckians
Famous People Born Here: Abraham Lincoln,George Clooney, Johnny Depp , Jefferson Davis, Diane Sawyer, and many many more
State Nickname - Bluegrass State
State Motto - "United we stand, divided we fall "


But what am I most excited about?

The first Saturday in May...That's right the Kentucky Derby!

and tons of this...

One of my best friends from college just moved to Louisville with her husband! We can't wait to be neighbors again!


And lots and lots of laughs! Selling over the summer always sets the stage for some hilarious stories and I am looking forward to laughing at every single one of them!

2 comments:

Christian and Stephanie said...

So exciting! I can't believe Sam will be there. What are the odds?

Reimstar said...

Yay for Platinum!