Monday, June 15, 2009

Sunday happy day

Those of you who know about summer sales know how hard our men work. All day 6 days a week...so when Sundays come around, we cherish those days oh we certainly do. Whether they are a day of simple relaxation or an activity day since its the one day our boys get to get out and play...either way we wives cherish the hours, minutes, and seconds spent with our husbands on Sunday. Last Sunday, my wonderful husband and I went to New Smyrna Beach with a group of our friends out here (which I just found out has the highest rate of SHARK ATTACKS in all of Florida!!! Why didn't I know this before!) Even though we encountered thunder and lightening storms, it didn't stop the boys from playing in the water or sand, or  the girls from having a fabulous time. We laughed at how, no matter how old our husbands seem to get whenever they are in a group together they act like they are little boys at a slumber party! Point in case - 5 grown men together at the beach = 1 huge hole dug - pretending to look for buried treasure! This Sunday Doug and I went and rode the world's tallest Sling Shot. This is exactly what it sounds like, you are harnessed in, catapulted back, and then slung into high heaven. It was a rush and I am glad I did it...But I unlike Doug,  did not feel the need to do it 3 times in a row - he is a little bit of a adrenaline junky. Thats why I love him..he gets me to step out of my box...sometimes :) Till next Sunday...

The boys and their treasure hole

Doug was the scraper/smoother



30 seconds of this and Doug's calf muscle started to cramp he started screaming and needed our friend Jeff to pull him out. It was a funny scene, even though he was in pain.
Our Sunday Ride!

0 comments: