Friday, June 19, 2009

Whats Keeping Me Up at Night?



That would be Mr. Hansen. Those of you who know the Hansens might have heard of some of their funny sleep talking/walking stories that keep us all laughing through family dinners; however it was not until I actually married a Hansen that I got to experience these stories first hand. Doug and I have been married almost 2 years now and I have seen my fair share of crazy/funny night occurences. I've seen him punch the air so violently in his sleep like his in a burly brawl, wave his arms around like swards, laugh histarically, mumble senslessly (almost everynight), sit straight up in bed looking for something...and my personal favorite the day he must've fell so deep asleep when we were taking a NAP together (while we lived in hawaii) that he woke up suddenly swung me off our bed, jumped on top of me and started mumbling "CANE CCCCANE SPIDER-CEILING!" (which in hawaii are spiders as big as your hand!) Ilooked up to a blank white ceiling, startled I started trying to clarify what was going on...5 minutes into the studders and the "wait...wait...wait..." he definitely started to wake up and realized he was dreaming up the whole thing. So why do I bring this up now, you might ask...well because these last few weeks have been exceptionally active sleeping weeks for doug and I thought these events were worth mentioning. Now I can't remember the exact days so we will call them: Night 1, Night 2 etc:

NIGHT 1: Doug starts patting his leg and yells "Come here Boy! Come here boy!" -over and over like he is calling over a dog. After laughing, I said "doug you're dreaming." He mumbled something at me and turned over.
NIGHT 2: Doug mumbles in his sleep for a good 5 minutes...me trying to figure out what he's saying finally asks "what are you saying?" - he turns over and says "Nothing!" -next morning - no recollection whatsoever
NIGHT 3: Doug laughs histarically...it makes me laugh...still does thinking about it. I say, "whats so funny?" he mumbles something and turns over.
NIGHT 4: Doug goes through is alarm sales pitch word for word. I am a light sleeper, I woke up at the knock/"hi my name is doug I am here with platinum protection" and stayed silently laughing listening to him doing it word for word, even putting in his fake laughs and waitin for customer response. Poor guy, such a hard worker...I eventually woke him up from this nightmare. . .he mumbled something at me and then turned over
NIGHT 5: Doug screams! I tell him he's having a nightmare...he mumbles something at me and turns over.
NIGHT 6: I wake up to a knocking/scratching sound...What??? Doug is crawling his hand up the wall-knocking/tapping-then scratching his fingers down...and repeating over and over again. Creepy I know. Don't worry I quickly grabbed his hand, told him to stop, he mumbled something and turned over.

Keep in mind every morning I ask him about the previous night...he has no idea what i'm talking about, no idea what he could've been dreaming about, and no recollection of the even whatsoever...Every night is a new adventure for me. Atleast I'll have lots of stories for the next family dinner!

4 comments:

reimstar said...

haha oh my gosh cassie, this post has me literally laughing out loud! Hilarious! It is a nightmare when he is dreaming about selling! How do you get any sleep at night?!

Christian and Stephanie said...

Hahaha. Yeah, definitely runs in the family. I feel your pain.

J & J said...

oh my gosh. i am laughing so hard right now. i read the post out loud to my little sister and we were both sitting here and snorting. doug is SO FUNNY. i'm glad you're writing this stuff down.

Hannah said...

haha personally I can't wait until the next family dinner, so I can hear the rest of these awesome stories.And I will have to agree with steph. that it runs in the family :)