Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Where have we been?


Hello to all! I know it has been forever and a day since I last blogged, but it is a new year so I've decided it was about time I updated my blog. For my friends who blog, you know the feeling you get when it has been a while since you last updated your blog and then you realize you just have more and more pictures to add and then so many pictures turn into a slideshow and you still have to edit all the picture ahh!! and one little blog then turns into a nightmare! well at least thats what happened to me I have mastered the art of postponement and this is where it leads me...an extremely long blog update. So where have we been since October?

Basically we have been on the road-a road trip cross country to be more specific. From D.C., where Doug was working to Pennsylvania where we saw the liberty bell and independence hall, and of course the Rocky statue. Then to New York to visit my brother (where I also got ran over by a biker on the Brooklyn Bridge - and I'm sorry to say we have no pictures of that incident), cruisin on over to Boston to see Plymouth Plantation and the Mayflower. After Boston we said goodbye to my dear brother and rendezvoused on over to Niagara Falls. It was too beautiful for words, and it was the closest I'd ever been to another country (Canada!) so I was excited, I felt very international. On to Hill City, SD, probably my favorite part of the road trip. We stopped there and stayed in a quaint little cabin in a mile long city to see Mt. Rushmore. It was breathtaking and seemed completely unreal.

We went straight from South Dakota to Utah where we had the pleasure of babysitting our 5 adorable nieces and nephews and loved every moment of it, to LA where we stayed with my sister and her husband for a week rock climbing and recovering from the flu :(. Then off to Las Vegas where we stayed in the most amazing pirate styled getaway with Doug's company. We had so much fun there from the water slides to seeing shows like Excalibur and "O" by Circ Du Solei. It was my first time to Vegas and it didn't disappoint, but my favorite part by far were our fellow vacationers!

Ever since we parked our car back in Northern California we have just been enjoying time with our families. We have been to movies, concerts, plays, ice skating, Doug got back in the water for a alumni waterpolo tournament, and we got to spend Christmas with a puppy! There is so much more and we love being back here. There is so much more to tell about each of the places and people we have seen but maybe I'll save that for later posts since I've promised myself I am going to become a better blogger in 2010 ;)

5 comments:

rocco family said...

yeah, welcome back. I have missed you. I love the Pictures, you and Doug are too cute. can't wait to see you guys again. Love you

{Layla} said...

Hello PRETTY! Yes, it has been too long!!! When are you coming back to Utah? We miss you guys! We definitely still want to come to san fran, it was just too crazy in December...now we just need to know WHEN to come and I'll kidnap the hubbs and road trip it because I need some cali lovin! =)

grant + brittany said...

yay for an update! i'm glad you guys have been relaxing and just enjoying yourselves so much! we miss you guys and hope to see you some time soon... for some reason the video is not working for me! ugh!

Erin + Geoff said...

i have the same new years resolution as you cassie!!! to be a better blogger. i support you and check us out for updates this year too!

Reimstar said...

Yay I love that resolution! I am really happy you have such a great job now, but am really sad we probably wont be spending the summer together :( Miss you and love you!