Sunday, May 13, 2012

A very happy mother's day!

Today was my first real mother's day and I couldn't feel more blessed. My sweet little angel has made me a mama and that is the best gift I could have gotten. But on top of my beautiful little blessing, my sweet husband made this an extra special first mothers day. He took the early shift with Scarlett and let me sleep in. Then woke me up with a delicious breakfast in bed, and news that in 30 mins I had an hour long massage at a really nice local spa. The massage was amazing! Then when I got home we had lunch and he went grocery shopping for me for the week. And trust me it was quite the list I sent him with ;) if all this wasn't enough he surprised me with 18 long stem roses, a card and a gym membership to 24 super sport I've been coveting for a while now. I then got to take a much needed nap, which was sublime. We finished the day off over at the Hansens for dinner, where Scarlett always gets showered with love. Such a memorable first mothers day! Thank you to much wonderful husband and sweet little daughter for making it a day I'll never forget!

2 comments:

Christian and Stephanie said...

Sounds like an amazing day! love all the pictures!

The Seidel Family said...

Oh Cassie, she's precious! Sounds like the birth went great... 4 to 10 in 1 hour, while you took a nap! Amazing. Wish I could give your little angel a kiss and a squeeze. You look great and Doug looks like he is busting with pride. I am so happy for you two and glad that little Scarlett can come to such a wonderful family. By the way, I love her names. I am glad you named her after you :0)