Born April 22nd 2012. 8lbs 5oz. 20 1/2 inches long. The most precious baby ever.
Today our little baby girl is 17 days old. I can't believe it has taken me this long to update our blog, but I have just been enjoying every minute with little Scarlett June. Below the pictures is the story of Scarlett's birth for our own memories, and for those who are interested in the details. I can't even express how amazing motherhood is. It is the most overwhelming incredible and emotional experience ever. Doug and I are having the time of our lives, and are so excited for each new day with her.
Sweetest little face
Scarlett's first few moments
Auntie Tee-tee and cousin Owen
Already smiling
Grandpa Hansen and Scarlett - Day 1
On my way home
Dada and Baby
Doug and Scarlett's first moments together
Mine and Scarlett's first moments together
Kisses and first bath at home
Birth Story:
Despite all the skepticism that I would even make it to my due date, Scarlett surprised us all by hanging in there 3 days past her due date. My dr was a little nervous about her getting too big so she decided to induce me on Saturday April 21st (3 days post due date). We got to the hospital by 7 pm and began the first round of induction medicine that had to be in for 12 hours before they could start me on pitocin. Just as they were about to start me on pitocin, my water broke at 7am on Sunday. The nurses then decided to hold off on any further medicine thinking I would go into labor on my own now that my water broke. Boy were they wrong. 4-5 hours later I was still only dilated to 0.5 cm. luckily I wasn't having any painful contractions at this point. Between 12-1pm I received my first round of pitocin which is supposed to intensify contractions and help in dilation. 2-3 hours later I was still only at 1.5 cm, but still not in pain which was nice that at this point I still couldn't feel the contractions. Around 3pm my doctor came and worked some magic and within about 45 minutes I went from a 1.5 cm to 4 cm dilated. I then received the glorious epidural, which oddly enough I was probably more afraid of then the actually birthing part. However the anesthesiologist was amazing and because my contractions were so strong at the time, I didn't even feel it. Then the beautiful numbness set in, and I fell asleep for about an hour. When I woke up around 4:45, I felt extreme pressure, and told the nurses I thought I needed more epidural, but when then checked me they realized I had gone from a 4 to a 10cm in just an hour and it was now time to start pushing. The nurses were convinced I'd be pushing for about 2-3 hours and so did not bother to call my doctor just yet. However 30 minutes into pushing, they told me to stop pushing (which anyone who's had a baby knows its next to impossible not to push), and to wait for my doctor. Luckily my doctor arrived about 10 minutes later, and about 10 more minutes later our little Scarlett June was born at 5:33pm. Once things got set in motion with the delivery, it went really fast and easy. We had no complications, and the recovery has not been bad at all. The moment Scarlett came and they put her on my chest is a moment I'll never forget. All emotions ran so high in that split second, I was holding something so innocent and heavenly. It was the closest to heaven I think I have ever felt. It was and is amazing. I am loving every moment of being little Scarlett's mama.












2 comments:
she is beautiful!!! I am dying to meet her! love hearing all the details. I know you both are great parents and scarlett is so lucky :) can't wait to see more pictures!
She is so gorgeous Cassie! We love you guys and can't wait to meet and hold sweet Scarlett!!! So precious!
Post a Comment