Our little princess turned 4 months today and she keeps getting cuter and more fun as the days pass. It's amazing to me how much she learns and grows in such a short time. I am absolutely fascinated with her day in and day out watching her develop and learn new things every day. She is still very cuddly and I take full advantage of it. I love to sit with her in my arms, rock her to sleep, and let her sleep cuddled next to me after her early am feeding. It is the highlight of my day. I love everything about being Scarlett's mama and feel so blessed every day that she chose us to be her parents. I started this post a month ago, but never quite got around to finishing it, so I am combining her 3 and 4 month updates together.
At 3 months Scarlett:
- Has greatly improved her hand eye coordination and can now grasp at things and brings them strait to her mouth.
- Had her baby blessing. It was very touching and beautiful. Doug did an amazing job.
- Drools all day long
- Maybe teething (because of all the drool and chomping thats what I assume)
- Made it through her first cold. It was the saddest thing ever watching her with a stuffy nose :(
- Loves to put everything in her mouth, especially her hands, but her long fingers have been gagging her recently.
- Found a paci that she loves (the laytex nuk)! It makes us all very happy!
- Acts like she is going to start sitting up soon (when she is lying down she'll lift her head and chest off the floor and start trying to push herself up with her feet).
- Rolls over from her stomach to her back (still very sporadic about it and only does it when SHE feels like it).
- Laughs a lot now. Doug and I live to try to make her laugh. She never laughs at the same thing twice, so we are always trying new stuff to see if it makes her laugh. So far she thinks water bottles, dancing, mama playing peek-a-boo, and other children.
- Took her first trip to Sacramento to visit my parents while they were up there at the county fair.
- Still loves to scratch the pillow behind me while I burp her and claws at my shirt while nursing.
- Has become my favorite traveling partner and took her first Airplane ride to St. George, Utah
- Overcame her second cold and pinkeye :(
- Takes 2 2 hour naps during the day and a short evening nap. Usually sleeps 4-7 hour chunks at night.
- Pats my face and grabs tightly to my lips and scratches at my teeth when nursing.
- Rubs her eyes very vigorously when she gets tired.
- Loves bath time and baby massage.
- Continues to captivate us with her laugh as we try anything and everything to hear that giggle.
- Loves to be startled...she thinks its really funny.
- Loves to be facing out in the Bjorne and squeals with happiness when on a walk in it.
- Thinks the wind in her face is really funny.
- Still absolutely hates her car seat. It makes driving anywhere really fun.....
- Loves to pull her paci in and out of her mouth herself.
- Plays in her exersaucer (walker/playpin)
- Wakes up so happy.
- Talks more and more with a lot of m sounds and g sounds. I swear she is going to say "mama" any day now ;)
- Squealing and screaming have taking over her main for of communication. Its really cute.
- Is bashful and flirty (you look and her and call her name she'll smile and turn the other way, then you go to the other side and she'll smile and turn away), its really cute.
- Thinks looking at herself in the mirror is just the best thing ever!
- Loves to have her cheeks rubbed...and boy do I love to squeeze those chubby cheeks.
- Chews on anything she can get her mouth on.
- Becoming more and more curious and explores the world around her.



























1 comments:
Cassie she is so beautiful. I cant wait to see her in October.
Post a Comment