Saturday, May 30, 2009

HOGWARTS!



I am off on the magical adventure of the Harry Potter Saga...Well I am actually in the middle of it. I am almost done with the 3rd book now, and it is my goal to get through the 6th book before the movie leaves the theaters. After much prodding from friends, I started the series from the beginning and have been lost in the world of wizardry ever since. Can I just tell you that when I read in the books about this magical school, it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy all over like its Christmas there all the time, like the feasts in the Great Hall with the enchanted decorations, magical appearing food, PUMPKIN JUICE(which for some reason always sounds so yummy,floating candles lighting the entire hall and Dumbledore's twinkling eyes. I find myself yearning to shuffle through the halls of the giant haunted castle going to herbology and charms class, dodging prankster ghosts, and climbing through portraits to get to my dormitory where there is a huge crackling fire always burning. All in all it is simply an enchanting place and I wish I were a witch (which sounds a little darker then a wizard but that is just the girl form of a wizard in harry potter world) so that I could attend Hogwarts. This is just how I get when I read though, totally lost in dreamland...now I wish I were a witch...months ago when reading the twilight series, I wished I were a vampire. Lets just hope I don't read a book about the life and times of Ogres or something. So if you see me scuddling around in a thick red robe and wand in hand, pay no mind, for it is just me pretending and dreaming I was a witch at Hogwarts.

3 comments:

Sterling and Courtney said...

I love the Harry Potter series too! You do completely fall in to the books. J.K Rowling is a very talented author.That's funny that you're trying to read through book 6 before the movie, because that is one of my summer goals too! I've start book 6 already, but between school and a baby it takes a while to read.
-love- your cousin Courtney

Reimstar said...

Haha thats funny! I'm so glad you have found something so fun to do on those long boring days! Maybe I will have to join you!

grant + brittany said...

oh my goodness. i love every word of this. i really really do.