Hello D.C.!!!! We have made it to D.C. and will be here for the next month and a half. We love it here and are so glad to be back! We will miss Florida though...we had some memorable times and will definitely miss all of our friends. Our last few weeks in Florida included trips to the Beach, lunching with friends, and lots of pool time. But the last few days have been moving moving moving. So let me tell you for a second about the well-oiled-machine that is Doug's and mine moving packing routine . Our little Nissan Maxima was so jam packed full on the way over here we even had stuff at both mine and Doug's feet. We have moved 3 times so far this year and every time our car has been packed full to the limit...I don't know how, each time we convince ourselves that we have less stuff, but each time without fail our junk overtakes our poor little car. Because of this Doug has become somewhat of a mastermind of a packer. We almost have our packing/moving routine worked out to a tea. I take all of the stuff out of all the cupboards, closets, shelves etc and put them on display so Doug sees what he has to work with. I also take out all our boxes and packing material. I go through our stuff see what we need, throw away any junk. and leave anything in question for Doug. Doug then starts packing all the boxes full like puzzle pieces-and does not want any help with it...no interfering with his masterwork allowed. While he is packing boxes, I pack our clothes and finish any laundry. Then comes the real puzzle work. Doug puts our boxes and stuff in the car like pieces to a puzzle. It is crazy. While he is doing this, I deep clean the entire apartment. We pretty much have it down like clockwork. We have moved so much that we better! More to come on our D.C. adventures in a bit.
Ladies sunning
Beach football match
"Whoo-whoo" -thats me whistling
Series of events when I try to get Doug to take some nice pictures. . .





3 comments:
Yeah, you are only two hours from me. this time we have to get together.
a finely packed car. i am actually SO impressed you fit all of your stuff in there! there is NO way we could do that. next stop: the apartment below the picketts in california..... right?:)
ok, i miss you guys!! just come to utah now ok? are you liking it there? how is doug doing? also you guys sound like you are really good at packing up.
Post a Comment