Friday, August 28, 2009

A New York Glimpse #2

Well I am back home and reunited with Douglas. I am glad to be home but had so much fun in NY with my Mom and my brother. I think my favorite part of the trip was by far the bike ride around and through central park.  Close seconds were however, dinner at tavern on the green with my bestest from high school, paula, shopping at saks fifth and canal, seeing West Side Story also with my bestest, and definitely central park zoo. Although I don't see myself ever living in the city, I do love visiting, taking it all in and the historically romantic ambiance of it all. I love walking past the gigantic brick buildings and just imagining how old they are and what kind of stuff might have happened there, or strolling past quant italian eateries and imagining it as a mafia hang out.  All in all my trip was wonderful, the city is bustling and is a great place for my imagination to come alive. Thank you New York for treating me so kindly and for my beautiful little vacation (especially thank you to my parents for taking me on such a lovely little trip. I love you guys).


My calves burned the first 3 days because of all this walking that my lazy butt is apparently not used to. But eventually my legs adapted
Me and the bestest Paula in Gabe's apartment
View from Brother's school
The first day our hotel had a view of the statue of Liberty...If you squint your eyes you can kind of imagine she's there way far in the distance even though she's being camera shy in the pic.
The view from our hotel and Miss Liberty herself way far out there
Gabe's new address
Just around the river-bend from Brother's apartment
Still my favorite activity of the trip!
Went to the Central Park Zoo and saw a bunch of cute little critters. I decided If I were to be one I would be this guy.
Because of this....
And this....
They love to relax in the sun, sun bathe and be fed. My kind of animal! 
If I got to choose animal friends, it would be these guys. They are so playful
And full of energy!
Trying to act like a penguin with not much success...I don't think the penguins would like this impression of them!
If I could choose a body guard, I would pick this big boy! (the polar bear not the brother-although also big and handsome-don't you think!!)
We named him Roger
And at last the snow leopard. . .It would be my pet
Ello kitty cat!
West Side Story. So good! "What's up Buddy-boy!"
Till we meet again NY!

1 comments:

grant + brittany said...

you look so beautiful in EVERY picture! hey remember when i was like... "cassie... is that you?" at the bbq? hahahahhaha