Monday, July 25, 2011

Hikes, Hikes and more Hikes!

Doug and I have found a new favorite past-time to do together, yep you guessed it - hiking. We have been going on a handful of hikes around the bay and I love it! There is just something about being out in nature that makes everything seem so peaceful. We recently went to Tahoe where we stayed at the Squaw Creek Resort right by the mountains. It was a blast and although it was short weekend it was a vacation nonetheless, and we couldn't have enjoyed it more!

Tahoe!!!

A room with a view
All the snow run off made for some awesome waterfalls all around our hike


The extremely large tree trunk right at my head level...don't ask me how I didn't see it, but I didn't. My head rammed into it so hard that I heard my teeth chatter. I felt like a Wile E Coyote cartoon.


But you're only in Tahoe once so I picked my head (and eyes) up and enjoyed the rest of the hike.
The simple pleasures in life


Back in the Bay for a day hike



I don't know why Doug looks so much taller than me in this pic...he must be standing on something...shouldn't I be the one trying to be taller?

4th of July hike with the Hansens

The End.
P.S. I don't know why some of the captions are bolded or underlined...I'm blogger illiterate and can't figure out how to undo it.

2 comments:

Camille said...

so fun! and totally doug for not being sympathetic to your injury/pain and taking a picture of it. i'm sorry. you guys are so cute and we can't wait to see you all soon. i think we might be coming the 3rd week in aug. we will see ;)

Reimstar said...

How fun! I wish we could go with you! Sorry about your head! But you look cute!