And couldn't be happier! I am officially starting my 2nd trimester today! I am 14 weeks along and would have posted this much sooner but our computer has been on the fritz for the last month, so I finally grabbed my camera and cords and headed over to my parents so I could post this.
Doug and I had been trying for a while to get pregnant, taking a pregnancy test started to become more routine than exciting. So when I took a test on sunday morning August 7th, my expectations for a positive test was pretty low. Which is why I (and Doug) almost fell over backwards when we saw this:
Our baby at 10 weeks
So now that the first trimester is officially over, I have to say I've been one of the lucky ones who didn't really get too sick. Mostly just extremely tired and loss of appetite for a bit. And now that I am entering my 2nd trimester, I can finally start to see a little baby bump growing which is sooo exciting! 

We had an ultra sound done at 12wks 5 days to hear the heart beat, etc., but we found out so much more! The doctor said that he was 95% sure that our baby is a girl!!!! Of course we won't know for certain for about 6 more weeks, but this doctor sounded pretty sure the multiple times he told us it was a girl!!! This will be the first girl in my family which everyone is so excited about! It is so hard now not to walk by the baby girl section and not want to buy everything I see, but I've been able to restrain myself thus far :)
Baby girl at 13 weeks waving hello!
Doug and I are overjoyed to become parents and are enjoying every step of the process. We couldn't feel more blessed and happy about it. Next step is to clean out the second bedroom and make room for little baby (girl) hansen!


9 comments:
Congrats!!! I know you've been wanting a little one for a while!! He/She will definitely be a cutie!!
Congratulations! We couldn't be happier for you guys!
Cassie!! This is soooo exciting!!! Congratulations to you and Doug, can't wait to hear more in the coming months :)
I am so happy for you!! You guys will be the best parents ever. Your little girl is so lucky to be coming to you two!! Good luck with everything.
CONGRATS!!! CONGRATS!!! CONGRATS!!! Seriously, I know how it is to try and try and try and not get pregnant! And I know how it exciting it is to finally get that positive test!!!! I did so many dollar store tests & didn't believe it that I finally had to go get a digital one so I could clearly see the word "pregnant"! Ha! We are only a couple of weeks apart!! And I THINK I am having a girl too. That's how I feel anyway! They say in pregnancy a "baby girl takes her moms beauty" and I am looking AW-FUL sooo maybe a girl!?? Anyway congratulations again!!!
yay!! we couldn't be happier for you and doug and of course the kids are so excited to be getting another cousin on the hansen side!!! so so exciting! love you guys.
Cassie & Doug, We couldn't be more exicted for you...Congrats Tim & Patti Arterburn
YES!! this is the best news I've heard all week!!! this is so exciting... and we love our little girl (who is now 8 months) so we think little baby girls are the best! CONGRATS.
Yeah! We are so happy for you. You look great :0)
Post a Comment