Sunday, July 1, 2012

2 months old!

Scarlett June turned 2 months on June 22nd. I can't believe that we have been blessed to have her for 2 months already. Time sure does fly by fast. She gets cuter and more adorable everyday. She has all sorts of new tricks and I love to see what the next thing she's going to do is going to be. Every second of every day I feel like the luckiest girl to get to be Scarlett's mother. She brings so much joy and fulfillment in my life. She consumes my every thought and I can even remember what life was like before her. And I love it!

At 2 months Scarlett:

  • Talks all the time (well baby talk, coos and squeals, and gurgles) - and really seems like she's trying to have a conversation back and forth
  • Loves to scratch her fingers on what ever pillow is behind me when I burp her
  • Claws and grasps at my shirt while nursing
  • Has found her hands, and finds them fascinating when they cross into her field of vision
  • Sucks very loudly on her hands - its the darn cutest thing ever
  • Is 13.3 lbs and 23 1/2 inches long at her 2 month check up
  • Is still in the 80% for weight and height, and 90% for her head
  • Sucks on her big bottom lip all day long
  • Smiles all the time, especially when she meets eye contact with you - it makes her extremely happy and giddy
  • Is almost growing out of her 3 months sizes :(
  • Finds baby einstein mozart to be fascinating one second and then horribly scary the next
  • Still only fully giggles in her sleep but does do a really happy squeal now 
  • Holds, grasps, and shakes her rattles
  • Loves to stand up with her legs straight while we are holding her
  • Makes her Mama's and Dada's day every time she smiles 

Oh Hello!
 Sleeping in her little lamb with reverent hands

So serious
 Scarlett's first swim in the heated Baze pool
 Scarlett's friar tuck balding pattern. Look at those rolls!!!
 Scarlett loves to sit on my knees like this and just push herself up and down
 Biting her big bottom lip. Its her new favorite friend
 Standing on Dada. I told doug to move his hands so we can tell she's doing it on her own. Thats why he looks so funny in these pics ;)

 Pouty face, about to make her even bigger pouty face when she sticks out her bottom lip. Wish I had a picture of that...its so cute!
  Scarlett took a really long nap and woke up looking at me half angry, half confused about what just happened. So cute!
 Why hello fists...Her other best friends
 Scarlett's first swim
 I love this bathing suit! Smile!





3 comments:

{Layla} said...

in LOVE with that bathing suit and cap!!! Seriously! Where did you get it? We are going to hawaii in a few months and I need a suit for Elle.
Ps Scarlett is SOOOO cute. Love those chubby cheeks!

Camille said...

how cute is she! we are dying over her!

Shannon said...

Love that pic of you and Scarlett smiling at the camera cheek to cheek! You need to frame it! She's getting so big, Cass! Her suit is totally adorable! And you will have to teach me how to use those swaddle me's because we threw away the instructions and can't figure the blasted things out!