Thursday, July 23, 2009

Paper Plates and Romance

Two nights ago I surprised my hard working man with a Hard Working Man Meal: Top Sirloin and his favorite red potatoes. I decided to try and add a little romance to this meal by lighting all the little odds and ends candles we have around our apartment so that he would come home to a romantic candle-lit dinner. it wasn't until the "plates" and "glasses" were set on the table and the food was served that I realized paper plates and plastic cups kind of dulls downs the fancy romance factor. Gotta love the summers!
The candle light effect
Our snazzy set up. My plate looks like this.
Doug's plate looks like this...His steak is on a separate plate
He always turns his baked potatoes into potato casserole. 

2 comments:

J & J said...

okay that looks DELICIOUS to me right now. i LOVE red potatoes...

sadly enough, mine usually end up like doug's. i love sour cream.

Reimstar said...

Ohh that is soo sweet! You are so romantic, even with paper plates! I bet he loved it!